Sunday, April 6, 2008

How Many Times will you pick me up.....

I've happened a song writer of late, Laura Story, with a knack of putting into words what my own heart is feeling. In one of her new releases, her song,"Grace," speaks to my many failings and yet the ever presence of God in my failings. She couldn't have said more clearly what I have been feeling of late. In so many days and in so many ways, I have failed, and end up berating myself. Yet some how, God never gives up on me.

Here is a portion that is especially meaningful to me:

"I ask you how many times will you pick me up
and I keep on letting you down
and each time I will fall short of your glory
how far will forgiveness abound
and you answer my child I love you
and as long as you're seeking my face
you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace"


God's grace is something I will never completely understand. But this song gives words to my heart....when sometimes I can't imagine He still loves me, I am once again reminded that His love is ever faithful and constant, in all things and at all times....for those who call themselves His own.

Truly, you need to check out the writing of Laura Story, and be blessed.

1 comment:

sunshinegrl said...

Amen! This song is a wonderful reminder of God's grace towards us. This song speaks to my heart, because I can relate to it. How wonderful and forgiving is our God, that everyday I can come to Him and ask for forgiveness!