Friday, July 11, 2008

Abba joins us on vacation....







My girls and I have had another wonderful adventure filled vacation together to our favorite area of New York State. We had the privilege to go to the Genesee Country Village and Museum in Mumford, New York. It is a wonderful village created to show the historic homes and business of various period in the 1700's to 1800's. I had hoped that the girls would love it, and they did. From the story about the octagon house being haunted, to a bar and grill where the "bar wench" would have to put down the "grill" when the men became intoxicated. We also loved watching the formation of cheese, as it was made in the 1800's. We also had the repeat joy of returning to Roseland Water Park to enjoy an afternoon of fun, water and waves!!! It is our annual pilgrimmage, and we enjoy it each year. This year, though, was one of the very best we can remember...no rain or lightening!!!

However, the very best part of this vacation was the way that God continually "showed up" during key moments. From near the beginning when I was pulled over by a state trooper for speeding....to the ride home when we had a mini melt down over bacon egg and cheese bagels, God was with us every mile!! I had the opportunity to take responsibility for having driven too fast. The trooper was also a blessing, because he reduced the fine that I could have had to pay by stating where I was speeding was at a different point on the highway. Our next adventure was when I could not go the right way on the thruway, due to construction. My own little melt down, and Autumn played a song by FFH with the lyrics, "Hey hey it's a good day, even if things aren't going my way. Jesus is Lord and I'm okay...hey hey it's a good day...." The most amazing moment of God's provision would come on Thursday morning when my cute little red Alero wouldn't start. Oh no....now what. Well, God was just amazing because He provided an AAA respondent that not only started my car, but lead me to his garage where he replaced my battery!!! The girls were able to enjoy an obnoxious yellow canary at this station, and I was able to share with this driver/mechanic how God had once again blessed our family and taken care of our need.

God truly was with us on vacation, and we are grateful for His presence. Each prayer, each tear, and each moment reminded us once again that He cares about all of the details of our lives!!! So, I will make sure that I never forget to include Him not only in the day to day ordinary moments of our lives, but make sure He is a prominent part of our vacations!!!

2 comments:

JenLo said...

That sounds really fun! I've never heard of that water park-where is it?

oneidtt said...

Denise,
I am brought to tears by the blessings of your blog comments. I am also reminded how our awesome God supplied a friend in Autumn that Casey is so grateful to have. She was heartbroken to leave her elementary school friends to come to RCCA but now would be heartbroken if she could not return to RCCA. Please pray for decisions that need to be made by our family in the near future in regards to the girls schooling. I am so appreciative that my girls friends have parents who are trying each day to walk closer with our Lord. I was reading 2 Cor. 5 this morning and it mentioned something about being naked; more in a literal sense not physical. It just jogged me into pondering how as little kids we giggled about nakedness and as we get older we definitely do not want to be seen "naked"; not in the physical manner, (although that is definitley true!!), but too often we are not transparent enough with our Christian sisters and brothers to admit faults, misgivings, and total screw-ups! Thank you for your enagaing smile and warmness that is extended everytime we meet. Thank you also for taking the girls over night and spoiling them by taking them to the pool and to the BK Lounge for dinner. Have a wonderful week!